![]() |
| Baby at 15 Weeks |
It seems like this week snuck up on me! I feel like I was stuck from 11-13 weeks and now things are moving along. Yay for the second trimester! I have been feeling great, still a bit sleepy but with more energy than the first trimester for sure. I am enjoying the sporadic movements I have been feeling and getting excited for more. Everything seems more real every time I visit the new nursery and see the special place waiting for this baby! Addi always waves to the other crib and it makes me even more excited and more than a little emotional! I can't wait to see their sibling relationship. Eric and I have settled on the names and can't wait to find out what we are having. The names are:
Stella Jane- "Star" "God is gracious"- Stella is a family name from my maternal Grandmother's side of the family and Jane is after Eric's mother. We love the meaning of the names together- we had wished and hoped and prayed on many stars we could conceive on our own and God was gracious to us!
Jude Timothy- "Worship/Praise/Thanks" "Honoring God"- Jude is a name that Eric and I have loved, especially because of the meaning in regards to this pregnancy. Timothy is for Eric's father who passed away two years ago. There was never a question his name would be a part of our family if we ever had a son.
So much meaning in these names for us and we would be proud to give either one to this baby! We interpret Addi's name (Addison Grace) as "Child of Adam (human) by God's grace"... Addi is our child biologically because God was gracious and we had the opportunity to do IVF. I think names are very special and a lot of thought went into choosing our babies names.
From my belly: Our growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (the size of an apple). Baby's busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. Baby's legs are growing longer than his or her arms now, and baby can move all of joints and limbs. Although the eyelids are fused shut, baby can sense light. If I shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, baby's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for baby to taste at this point, but taste buds are forming!

No comments:
Post a Comment