 |
| 3D Baby- not my baby |
Ah. Hello second trimester! I am feeling much more like myself, not as tired or nauseous- thank God! The second trimester is always the most fun. First, because I wasn't on bed rest for most of it. Second, the cute "I am not chubby" bump emerges. Third, you feel a million times better. This week, Monday, we are going for the first ultrasound to check my cervix. I am getting a bit more nervous about this even though everything looked good at my ultrasound this week. It is another milestone to get past to my (hopefully) low risk pregnancy. The doctor seemed to think just one more cervical check would be needed between 16 and 18 weeks so I'll take it! I am still tired from all of the checking, poking and prodding or last time. I teeter between wanting to be checked to be reassured and not wanting to be checked or know at all. Eric and I reconciled it by saying "We'll do what the doctors ask." *Praying for good news on Monday*
From my belly: Fingerprints have formed on baby's tiny fingertips, veins and organs are clearly visible through the still-thin skin, and his or her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of the body size now. If I have a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Baby is almost 3 inches long- the size of a medium shrimp- (these sizes don't make sense, isn't a lime bigger than a shrimp?) and weighs nearly an ounce.
1 ounce. That is the weight of Addi's yogurt melts that she is obsessed with lately. Not big but getting more substantial! Yay Baby Clark!
No comments:
Post a Comment