 |
| Profile |
 |
| Face and peace sign? |
 |
| Baby with hands behind his/her head! |
 |
| Beautiful little face |
Happy baby, happy Mommy! Only good news to report from our ultrasound today. Going in, I was very nervous. I think I had scheduled it for Valentine's Day to have some sort of good association. Valentine's Dat = Love = Happy = Good news. Eric had planned to stay out and watch Addi in the waiting room but we ended up calling a sitter because she took an extra long time this afternoon. I was grateful for the hand holding and encouraging words. Eric loves seeing the baby too. We laughed together because even during the cervical check Eric knew exactly what was what on the screen. We have been through this before. When I was pregnant with Addi my cervix was very short from 1.13-1.17, this time around it is a completely perfect 3.5! Before that, the tech took a long look at the baby. Strong heartbeat, 2 legs, 2 arms, both sections of his/her brain. tiny face, ears, fingers, toes... perfect! He or she was bouncing around, turning and waving its arms all over. It was too cute to watch him or her put their arms behind their head and cross their ankles. Adorable.

Eric took Addi and I out to celebrate at a local resturaunt we wanted to try- Bistro Chi/Kama Lounge. Eric had Chinese and I had tapas (small plates- see list below!) and all of it was delicious! We had a lot of fun together as a family and will definitely be going back. Eric and I went to a Chinese resturaunt for our first date so we were a little nostalgic. It has been a wonderful day. Are we completely out of the woods? No. Issues with my last pregnancy didn't show up until 23 weeks but this is the first step for getting out of the woods. If my cervix was short now, I'd most likely be back on bed rest. Not. really. possible. As far as we know, we'll only go for one more ultrasound check around 18 weeks (when we found out the gender- yay!) to make sure things are still good and go from there. I remind myself that the doctors tell me they aren't too concerned about me going early. The truth is... I am not too scared of going early either. I am afraid of bed rest to get there. Life is good now so I am not going to worry about it when there isn't anything to worry about. Here is to a Valentine's Day of embracing my husband and cautious optimism!


Baby bump at 13 weeks plus delicious Valentine's Day dinner (Wonton soup, chicken lettuce wraps, cheese burger slider, petite filet Mignon and chocolate covered strawberries...)
No comments:
Post a Comment