Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Morning nap... a love story


May 2010
 When Addi was about a month old we got into the routine of taking morning naps together. I would bring her in bed with me after she ate so we could both sleep after Eric went to work.  In the beginning she would sleep for hours until about 11am! It was blissful. We would snuggle and sometimes I would just get to watch her sleep. So beautiful.This continued to be the highlight of my day. We kept it up when traveling and on weekends. It was special Mommy and Addi time. Until about 2 weeks ago. This was when I was sick and Eric was taking her in the morning before work. I couldn't take her every morning so she got used to sleeping in her crib. After, we tried to get her to nap with me again and she was too interested in crawling all over the bed and was too distracted to sleep. I rocked her a little bit and put her in her crib and she was out. And just like that, our special nap time was over. We had been through the tiny newborn stage, spit up stage, rolling, crawling and now pulling up stages. I can't count the number of times Addi drooled on her Daddy's pillow or I had to change the sheets. Going from Addi waking up smiling at me to her waking me up my giving me a good smack on the cheek. I can't help but mourn this as a Mommy. My little girl is growing up, becoming more independent. I miss my cuddle bug but am looking forward to all of the exciting stages ahead. Mommy loves you very much, Addi Grace! You are welcome to come in bed and snuggle any time!



No comments:

Post a Comment