Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oops!



Yay! Cheerios!
 So, after getting bronchitis Addi never quite got her appetite back. When she was sick she started refusing all solids (purees) and only wanted her bottle. Even after her antibiotics she continued to only eat a few bites while gagging. Then she just stopped all together. Desperate, we started finger foods which have seemed to work well. However, she has still been drinking copious amount of formula and waking up in the night- a few times to eat. Frustrating. She has been eating increasingly more finger foods but still with a ton of formula. I knew babies weren't supposed to have too much formula so I called the doctor today.

Come to find out, we have been feeding Addi up to twice as much as she should be having per day. Oops! The nurse practitioner gave me a few tips on reducing the amount including giving her as much finger food she wants and more often. I hate to say though that this might not be easy. Poor this is addicted and I am putting her on a diet. Goodness. I may have to wean her down. I knew we were going through too much formula. It just didn't seem like it because we were spending half as much after switching to generic. This is going to be fun. The girl loves to eat! As I write she is eating a healthy lunch of mixed veggies, pasta and puffs. Praying for the best!

Diet, what?!
Good article on refusing spoon food... http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/baby-refuses-to-eat-food-with-spoon.htm!

No comments:

Post a Comment