Saturday, March 5, 2011

16 Weeks!


Pregnant with Addi...

Yay for 16 weeks! This was kind of a milestone for me because it was when I first felt pregnant with Addi. Eric and I were going to a friend's wedding that weekend and I was so proud of  my bump! I am happy to say that this time around I am also feeling less fat and more pregnant. Although sometimes I do feel really fat. I think it could be because many of my old maternity clothes were stretched out to accommodate my big bump and now I just look chubby in them. I am sticking to just maternity pants and dressed for now because everything else seems to fit. Right after Eric took my picture this morning he also gave me my first hormone shot. 1 down. 20 to go. Plus a $50 co-pay each month. Lovely. Oh well, I am still happy for an option that may help me hold this baby in.


Pregnant with Baby #2...

The more and more information I read, I am beginning to believe that my cervical issues were caused by the Strep B. According to the CDC- Strep B can cause premature labor. It comes and goes and even though it didn't show up in my urine or on my test later, I still could have had it when I was hospitalized. A woman whose daughter had Strep B at birth and was treated at Children's Hospital and I have been chatting and sharing info and this is what I have found...


http://www.cdc.gov/groupbstrep/downloads/GBS_Patient_Info.pdf

Eric and I plan to talk with our doctor at the next appointment at length about all this and go from there. It seems like we are actively doing all we can do for now! Love you, Baby #2!

From my belly: I am getting ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, baby will double in weight and add inches to his or her length. Right now, baby's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. The legs are much more developed, the head is more erect than it has been, and the eyes have moved closer to the front of his or her head. Baby's ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his or her scalp has begun, though hair isn't recognizable yet. Baby's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his or her heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as he or she continues to develop

No comments:

Post a Comment