I decided to routinely see one doctor at the practice for continuity of care. Sometimes (especially with the last pregnancy) I felt like I was telling my story over and over. Good thing I know it well! The days I was in the hospital, when I was on bed rest, what medication I took, what the results of my ultrasounds were, what the results of my FFN tests were... etc. This time around I find myself rehashing everything and asking questions about all of these things. For example: today I asked what my treatment would look like from here on out- I have gotten a few different answers over the past two months. I got some answers which were:
- Starting progesterone injection shots at 16 weeks (until 34-36)- this was not noted in my charts I just happened to remember and ask the doctor if this was an option to help prevent preterm labor (See: http://www.marchofdimes.com/pretermlabor_17p.html)
- Full ultrasound and cervical check at 18 weeks- March 24th (we also get to find out what we are having)!
- Cervical check at 24 weeks- US and doctor check. This is the big one because it was when everything started in my last pregnancy
- FFN tests (test to predict preterm labor)- every 2 weeks after 24 weeks until 34 weeks (See: http://www.marchofdimes.com/pregnancy/pretermlabor_fetalfibronectin.html)
No comments:
Post a Comment