Thursday, July 21, 2011

36 Weeks... and then some

I was going to title this post "All because I peed my pants" but decided against it. This story explains itself! Yesterday, I thought I could have broken my water (or peed my pants) and since I was contracting (as I always am) they sent me to the hospital for tests. It gets a bit murky, confusing and TMI from there so I will just say that my water was not broken and a test was performed incorrectly. Yup, could have peed myself. SO embarrassing. After that, I was sent home, had complications and was sent back for observation. I finally made it home at 2:00am, exhausted, with no new news whatsoever. No water broken, no dilating, no labor, etc. Stella looked great and everything was just as it had been before I went in.

I decided to keep my appointment this morning just to follow up in case anything else popped up. They did the GBS test (even though I am positive) to see what kind of meds would be best during labor since I am allergic to penicillin. I also explained my spontaneous dilating cervix (sort of as an afterthought) so she checked me and now I am 1.5cm dilated and 80% effaced! I was shocked since I was definitely neither last night. She said she believed Stella would be here in the next 10 days, whoa! I went from this stage to 6cm in a week with Addi so we will see, it is definitely a possibility.

The excitement has gotten me to get a move on the laundry I needed to do for Stella and pack my hospital bag! Mentally, I have a list of things to get done this weekend which includes getting sheets for the bassinet, getting a gift for Addi from Stella to give to her at the hospital, a pedicure (thanks to my Mom), a night out with my girlfriends, grocery shop, write out a full description of Addi's schedule for whoever ends up being with her, etc. Wow, that list keeps growing! Thankfully, my parents are on call to come anytime and can fill in any gaps! Well, better get back to work! I love you Stella Bella, Mommy, Daddy and Addi Grace can't wait to meet you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment