The ultrasound was also fun because we got more pictures including a 3D one of her little face! Her nose is pushed up like a little kid looking out a window because she was smooshed up against my belly. (Why wouldn't she be? She's huge!) Of course I think she is the most beautiful little girl in the world and we also got to see that she has hair! Eric was joking that it looked like she has a little mohawk and he was right! She has lots of fuzzy hair and will probably have a lot by the time she is born, just like Eric and I had. After, they did the FFN test and checked my cervix which was stable yet again between 1.3 and 1.6. I called for the results of the FFN when I got home and it was negative, lucky #7! I "graduated" from my hospital visits and will not be going back unless my doctor sends me or if I am having Addi, things are starting to return to normal. I am only going to my OB every two weeks just like every other pregnant woman in her 3rd trimester and am no longer under the care of a high risk doctor! In a strange way I will miss the weekly visits because I got to get out of the house but also because of the frequent reassurance. However, I am going with the mentality of "no news is good news", the way I did before all this happened. 

From my belly: Our baby girl measures about 17 inches from head to toe and weighs about 4 pounds (like a large head of cabbage). Baby is growing plumper and beginning to control her own body temperature. Eyebrows and eyelashes are fully developed, and hair on the head is getting thicker. Head and body are now proportioned like a newborn's. Hands are now fully formed and fingernails are growing. Our baby's hearing is fully developed and she changes position frequently and responds to stimuli, including sound, pain and light. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.
Thank you all once again for all the love and prayers. Eric and I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people who love us and Addi so much. We can never say thank you enough for all of the ways people have shown us how much they care. Please know we are praying for you all as well and are excited to continue to share Addi's life with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment