Monday, February 22, 2010

Pregnancy Week 29

Eric and my family had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday and the pampering was much needed! The three of them put together Addi's changing table and decorated and organized the nursery. I wish I could be more of a part of it but it looks absolutely beautiful! It definitely makes everything more real, It looks so beautiful and I picture Eric, Addi and I in there together. It also helps me feel more prepared for her, no matter when she comes. I am thankful everything was stable on Friday and the outlook is better and better every day! Hopefully, no more updates this week since my appointments are next Monday. I will have another FFN, a cervical check and a long ultrasound to measure Addi and check her growth. Week 30 is another big milestone and I can't wait!

From my belly: Your baby measures about 16.7 inches from head to toe and weighs about 2.7 pounds, about the size of a butternut squash. At this stage Addi can distinguish bright sunlight or artificial light through the uterine wall. Research has shown that our baby is not only able to hear, but also able to recognize my voice. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. Addi is performing fewer acrobatics as conditions in the womb become more cramped, but still doing a lot of kicking and stretching.

She sure is moving around a lot! I can tell she is getting stronger and bigger. One exciting thing Eric and I have talked about and decided on is that if all possible Eric will help deliver Addi! This is something Eric and I had joked around about before but with everything that has happened it didn't seem possible. Now that time has gone by and everything is stable we can begin to start thinking about the "best case scenario". That would be having Addi at a safe gestational age, a vaginal birth and no other complications. If the doctor gives us the okay, Eric will be putting on the scrubs and gloves and helping her enter the world! I am so excited about this because I know it could be a very special delivery for both of them. I am very blessed to have them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment