33 Weeks? I truly can't believe this is my very last week of bed rest. I remember being in the hospital and thinking "I am going to have to do this until the end of March?" It seemed like a very long time at the middle of January and it has been a long time! This week is all about making plans for next week, going back to work part-time and trying to function normally again. I am excited but a bit nervous! It has been a long time since I have been responsible for anything other than resting. Can I do it? I think so, its just a bit strange because some days I don't remember what life was like before bed rest. I eventually adapted to bed rest which I thought was never going to happen.
Every day something new occurs to me like: "Next week, I will be able to ____________ and its okay!" I can go to work, cook, clean, go for a walk, go to the grocery store and out to eat, shop... the list is endless! I know I will be extra cautious since I am just not used to doing these things. My biggest realization was that Addi will be here- soon! The risks are almost all gone and she will join our family. I can't wait! Tomorrow I have a cervical ultrasound, maybe I can talk them into doing more and we'll get to see how big she is! Other than that, no more appointments this week.
From my belly: Our baby measures about 19.4 inches from head to toe and weighs about 5.4 pounds (pineapple or cantaloupe). With all the growing she is doing, she will move less as she runs out of room and curls up with knees bent, chin resting on chest and arms and legs crossed. With the exception of crying, she is capable of doing everything that a newborn baby will do. Addi sleeps a lot of the time, just as newborn babies do. When she is awake, she is listening, feeling and learning. Billions of neurons in her brain are making trillions of connections. Addi has settled into the birth position and if born now, her lungs would probably be strong enough to function properly, but she may still need extra care.
Today I got the pictures that Eric's co-worker took of us a few weeks ago. I have had so many pictures of myself on this blog it was about time I put some of Eric and Addi. He has been so wonderful these past 9 and a half weeks and he deserves a little tribute. If I wasn't before, I am 100% convinced I have the very best husband God ever made. He has done everything from giving me a bath in the hospital, staying with me as much as possible while I was there, cleaning the entire house, watching "chick flick" movies, bringing me anything I ask for and supporting me on all those days I didn't think Addi and I would ever make it this far. Eric, I love you more.

YAY! So glad things are going well and your family is healthy and happy! ~Gina
ReplyDelete