Monday, March 8, 2010

Pregnancy Week 31


We made it another week and now I am in my 8th month of pregnancy! It was strange to not have any appointments this week since we are used to two per week but I don't miss all the poking and prodding. Not to mention the anxiety that goes along with it, no news it good news! Since Eric and I didn't have any appointments I decided that it would be okay for me to go out for the same amount of time as long as it was not strenuous. I knew for my own sanity I would not be able to stay in my house for 2 weeks straight. We had lots of proof that it would be safe since I had been going to hours worth of appointments per week and had a negative FFN test last week telling us that labor would not be happening this week.

I decided to go to church and it was absolutely wonderful! Its hard to believe I hadn't been there in almost 2 months. Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day in the mid 50's and it was so nice to be somewhere different. So many people have been praying for us and I was happy to see them and thank them! I didn't want to go home. It was the small things that made it perfect- seeing people I haven't seen in months, hearing live music, singing, feeling the sunshine. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

From my belly: Addi about 18 inches long from head to toe and weighs about 4.5 pounds (about 4 naval oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin.This makes her skin color pink instead of red.This week marks an incredible milestone in Addi's lung development. Before now, the air sacs and branches in her lungs were present but not functional. The lungs were not able to inflate properly. However, now there is surfactant being produced in her lungs. Surfactant prevents her lungs from collapsing outside of the uterus and the she is able to take in air and breathe properly. The fetal ear is almost completely developed both inside and out. Rather than hearing vibrations, Addi's nerve endings in her ears are connected now so that she can hear distinct sounds, like familiar voices and music.

It is funny that I have to change the size of Addi because she is so much bigger than what is listed on the week by week updates! The not funny thing is that on one of the updates it said "Your baby will more than double in size before your due date". Addi could be more than 9 pounds?! Oh goodness, that is one scary piece of news! Well, nothing I can do about it I guess. I want her to grow and I would rather her be too big than too little!

Three more weeks of bed rest and Wednesday of this week is two calendar months until my due date. Manageable. Work has been great giving me a few different projects this week so its kept me busy and I still have more to do. It keeps me busy and I get to make a little money. At my doctor's appointment next Monday I am going to talk to my doctor about whether or not it would be possible to have more privileges. This was something that was talked about earlier but slipped my mind last week. I can only hope! The worry never goes away but it gets better with every milestone, I am always thankful to still be pregnant. For now, I am content to know my little girl is growing, getting stronger and developing for her time in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment