First of all, I am still pregnant and now at home. Sorry to scare you all of you Eric and I spoke to today! Eric and I went to my ultrasound appointment this afternoon not expecting much to come of it. What happens when we feel that way? We end up at the hospital of course. The ultrasound found that my cervix is now as small as .7 (about half the size it was 3 weeks ago- 1.2-1.7)! Since cervix shortening is part of the labor process, my doctor sent me to the hospital for monitoring.
Thankfully, it definitely wasn't the emergency it was almost 10 weeks ago! They put Addi and I on monitors- mine for contractions and hers to for her heartbeat. She looked great and they took her off after a little while. I, however, was contracting. This is completely normal for this stage of pregnancy, Braxton Hicks contractions. Its not painful, I just hadn't realized it was happening until I associated what I was feeling with the monitor. I thought it was Addi moving and gas! They checked my cervix again and it was closed and they decided that this did not seem like the beginning of labor and I could go home. They gave me another shot of steroids for Addi's lungs and I'll go in for the second one tomorrow.
That's all! Yay! So what does all this mean? It is a change, but not a huge one. My body is still threatening to go into labor as it has for the past 10 weeks. As before, it could happen any time. I am still on bed rest until Monday but after then if I go into labor or my water breaks I can have Addi without significant risks. My doctor didn't seem like it would be a big deal if it happened then and there but 34 weeks is always a goal. That's all for now!
Oh my goodness! I'm glad everything is fine but I can't believe that she will be here so soon. AHhh. So excited for you ashley!! (and eric and addi hehe)
ReplyDelete