Eric and I went back to the hospital tonight to get my other steroid shot and to be monitored (called a NST: non-stress test). I was concerned because last night and this morning I was having a lot of strong contractions and painful cramping that kept me up most of the night. I talked everything over with the nurse when we got there and the appointment went well. I got my shot and I was contracting a lot less so they sent me right home. The nurse said it seemed like I would probably get another few weeks in before Addi comes so we'll see! All I have to look out for are real contractions and my water breaking (ie. going into labor). If it happened between now and 34 weeks, they may or may not try and stop it depending on the doctor I get. Especially because I got another dose of steroids.
Thank goodness it doesn't seem to be like now is our time. I saw a woman waddling in the front door of the hospital when I was on my way out. She and her friend that drove her there jumped out of the car and left it running, she was obviously in labor and her water had recently broken. I couldn't stop watching this awful mess unfolding in front of me. Not pretty. I will make it a priority to change my pants before leaving the house and I don't mind having a few more weeks after seeing that! Everyone has their own opinion (medical professionals and non-professionals alike) about how and when things are going to happen. The truth is that they are all guesses and for now Eric and I are just looking forward to going out on Sunday and me being off bed rest Monday! Monday is also my next appointment with my OB so we'll have more of an update then (and not before)! Love you all and thank you again for all of the love and prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment