
Well, almost 25.5 now! This is the last week of my 6th month, almost into the 3rd trimester (pregnancy math differs from sources but I split my trimesters into 13 week each)! I think I have been saving my weekly update for when I really felt up to it. Eric and I celebrated completing our 25th week with Thai food from one of my favorite restaurants. We don't want to take this time for granted. This week isn't easy but time is passing and I am thankful. Monday I had two friends over and today I also had a friend visit and bring a delicious lunch. It is always nice to have someone here for a few hours to take my mind off things. It makes the time go faster.
From my belly: Addi got a new fruit this week! She is now the size of an egg plant! Our developing baby now measures about 12 inches and weighs between 1.5-2 pounds. Skin now becomes opaque instead of transparent. Its body is still covered with folds like a puppy dog that need to grow into its skin. Heartbeat can be heard through a stethoscope or, depending on the position of the baby, by others putting an ear against your belly. Baby's finger and toe prints are visible. The eyelids begin to part and the eyes open.
Most importantly, Addi now has a 70% survival rate if she was born today. This is one of the most critical times in my pregnancy because her growth and survival rates are going straight up and I constantly remind myself that every day counts. From what I am reading these rates are based on the technology available and some hospitals have a 90% survival rate at this point. As far as I know my hospital is one of the best and has a level 3 neonatal intensive care unit. Addi also has a better chance of survival because she is a girl! As a gender, we are stronger! She also has a better chance of survival because she is a big girl and growing well.
All this being said, I don't want a premature baby. I am scared to death. I don't want Addi to deal with any issues because my oven broke down. I ask "Okay, so she'll survive but will she be okay?" Eric tells me all the time that he feels really good about everything that that I'll be pregnant for much longer and Addi will survive. I still question "But will she be perfect?" I don't mean pretty or smart or silly things like that, I just mean healthy and happy. These are my insecurities these days. It is my job to grow her and give her the best shot, I try my best to be positive and focused. I am thankful every day for this little girl I love so much.
Tomorrow I have a repeat FFN (two week test) and another ultrasound to check my cervix at the hospital. Then I go to my doctor for a weekly visit to check my vital signs and Addi's as well as my progesterone shot. I am feeling very hopeful about these tests and am looking forward to them as more reassurance. I am also looking forward to getting out of the house! I love riding in the car with Eric, getting dressed, wearing shoes and putting myself together! Its nice to feel normal and for even a few minutes I can pretend I am just like any other pregnant woman going for check ups. More info to come tomorrow! For now, I am going to watch Addi dance in my belly and make it move!
No comments:
Post a Comment