Monday, January 11, 2010

Pregnancy Week 23


I can't believe I am 1/2 way through my 6th month! Only a few more weeks of this trimester! Nothing too interesting going on with Eric and I this week, we had a very relaxing weekend together and it was blissful! More belly growing, more love for Addison and each other. We are getting so excited to meet her! This weekend we are going to Maine for three nights of Babymooning! I can't wait to enjoy even more time together and celebrate our two-some, soon to be three-some.

From my belly: Our baby is longer than 10 1/2 inces and weighs over 1 pound. The body is becoming proportioned more like a newborn, and is the size of a small baby doll! Lanugo hair on the body sometimes turns darker.She is about the size of a small baby doll and looks very human. Her face and body look similar to that of a newborn at this time. Fat is still being deposited at a rapid rate, but your baby still looks red and wrinkled. . Your baby looks red because the skin is losing its transparency and pigment is beginning to form. I am feeling our baby moving quite a bit throughout the day as she kicks and punchs the uterus walls. Babies also run their hands along their umbelical cord and body. Addi now can suck her thumb for real, where she was just sticking it in her mouth. She will continue to swallow amniotic fluid and recycle it as urine. The liquids and sugars that the baby retracts from the fluid is a supplement to the nutrients that the placenta delivers. I might be able to feel small `jumps` inside when she gets the hiccups from swallowing fluid. The pancreas is developing and it will responsible for insulin production, to help break down sugars. As she continues to grow, sh has less space to move around in the uterus. Bones, muscles and organs are growing steadily.

I gave as much information as possible about Addi this week because my Dad had lots of technical questions I couldn't answer, until now! Sometimes I forget that I am growing a human from scratch. Pretty amazing process! Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment