Thank you so much to everyone has been faithful in praying for the three of us. Our prayers were answered today when I had my testing done. The perinatologist (my favorite person in the world right now) checked my cervical length which was measuring the same if not a little more than it was before! Very very rare! She showed me where it should be and what the "funneling" looks like, not as scary as I thought. Then she did the FFN (fetal fibronectin) test and I waited a few hours for the results. My nurse came in and said "It's negative!" Two for two!
The perinatologist talked to the obstetrician on staff and he came in to talk to me. Typically it would be a doctor from my practice but this one just covers rounds for them. He said "It's your lucky day, you're going home!" We laughed a little because he talked about how conservative my practice is but all I should worry about is the recommendation from the high risk doctor. I was over the moon. We talked about the new medication he wants to me to start (a hormone injection once a week at my doctor's office) and when I would be in for appointments. I have an appointment with the perinatologists for another repeat of the tests I had today on the 28th and a follow-up at my OB tomorrow afternoon.
I did a little research about the medication they will be giving me, they let me know it was something they usually give to women who have recurring pre-term delivery and its called 17 Alpha-hydroxyprogesterone. They don't know if it will make a huge difference for be since its my first pregnancy but worth a try! The tests will continue to measure the stability of my cervix and probability of me delivering early.
For now, I could feel my body completely relax as soon as I hit my own couch. This was of course after I loved on and cried with my dog, Baby Roo. I don't know who was more excited! Although it is scary at times, I feel like being home is the best thing for me and Addi. I almost forgot to say that we had another big milestone with her yesterday, we saw her moving! This doesn't usually happen till much farther along but when they put the monitors on me last night she would moved them and it looked like they were dancing on my belly! Eric said "Your belly is moving!" We were so excited to see her spunk. She's strong and fighting and most definitely doesn't like tight things on my belly! I am in love with this little girl, she's my heart (see above)!
Thank you all again for your prayers and continued support. We really couldn't have gotten through the past week without the calls, emails and visits. Please feel free to call, write or visit anytime- I have lots of time to be the friend and family member I want to be. Love you all! This is the verse God kept reminding me of during this week so I thought I'd post it again. It's my promise verse...
Philippians 1: 3-8
Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart... There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. It's not at all fanciful for me to think this way about you. My prayers and hopes have deep roots in reality....all along you have experienced with me the most generous help from God. He knows how much I love you these days. Sometimes I think I feel as strongly about you as Christ does!
Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart... There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. It's not at all fanciful for me to think this way about you. My prayers and hopes have deep roots in reality....all along you have experienced with me the most generous help from God. He knows how much I love you these days. Sometimes I think I feel as strongly about you as Christ does!
Yay! So happy to hear you're home! :) ~Gina
ReplyDeleteAshley! I don't know if it's just MY hormones but every time I read your blogs I cry haha. I'm SO happy for you guys and we will continue to pray for you and your little one :)
ReplyDelete