Another 1/2 week! Any passing of time definitely helps. Today was absolutely wonderful, beginning with waking up to the realization that I had slept 12 hours in my own bed. I have perfected the 5 minute shower that includes shampoo, conditioner, body wash, shaving and 2 types of face wash. I impress myself and since I'd be leaving the house I blow-dried my hair and wore my wedding ring, jewelry and real clothes for the first time in a week. I almost felt normal again except for Eric constantly reminding me to recline (at home, in the car, at the appointment). I I had a follow up doctor's appointment where they set up the progesterone medication and listened to Addi's heartbeat and everything went well. The doctor seemed happy that I was at home (not concern as I was previously warned) and talked about decreasing my visits to every other week. For now, it will be every week at my OB and at the hospital starting a week from today.
I asked him what my chances were of delivering early and he said it is 1 in 3. Not as bad as I thought! He said there isn't as much info out there as they would like so its hard to tell but 1 in 3 is the best guess they have. Also, he said since I have the negative FFN it is very very unlikely I will give birth within 2 weeks. He also said that if my cervix stays stable for a few weeks my chances of going full term are even better. These things are the most reassuring to me because that would bring Addi to a much better place developmentally. She is still an active and happy girl with all of her kicks and movements! I think she is hungry now because she won't stop dancing and we are both thankful Eric is making a wonderful meal of spaghetti!
I feel an overwhelming peace being at home and the feeling of impending doom has all but gone away. I will always worry, pay very close attention to my body and be the best bed rest patient ever but being home changes everything. I feel more positive and more connected to Addi which I was too scared to do in the hospital. I am finding joy in my pregnancy again! I realized that being the best Mom I can be doesn't just include resting but also connecting with Addi- rubbing my belly, talking to her, dreaming about her. This last part is the hardest for me since I am so desperately scared to lose her. But its not about me, its about her. She needs me and my connection with her, how I show her my love for her matters and can help her grow. She is my daughter now, not just when she is born and I need to be and do everything I can for her. Well, thank you all again for all the love and prayers. I look forward to checking my emails and answering my phone every day. Love, Us 3 Clarks!
No comments:
Post a Comment