Good news first. Always. This morning, I called my OB to verify that my FFN test was negative. It was! Woohoo! With 98% accuracy we can say I will not deliver Stella in the next two weeks. St. Thomas, here we come! Also, my friend's baby in the NICU is improving by leaps and bounds today and we are so excited for that too. Thankfully, those updates are much more important than the bad news.
However, while I was on the phone with nurse from my OB she said "Oh yes, you were on my list to call". Great. She let me know that I have another infection and it is GBS. The immune suppression antibiotics I have been taking have not been working so I need to do another week of full treatment with another medication and then suppression with that medication the rest of the pregnancy. Oy. A hiccup in the long scheme of things but disconcerting because I am still infected. I am feeling positive, the good definitely outweighs the bad in this situation. Time to get back to cleaning and packing...
No comments:
Post a Comment