Monday, May 23, 2011

27 Weeks & Family Vacation

Another late post because of travel and fun! Saturday was Addi's First Birthday Party with our families in PA and Sunday we left for home! Since I had appointments today, it was another good excuse to wait and update all at once. We had a wonderful time at Addi's party and she had a lot of fun too. She loved being with her cousins, eating cake and dancing. She is very loved! Before the party, we brought Addi to the park we took our wedding photos to do out yearly family pictures with my Dad. I can't believe it has been 5 years! So much has happened, good and bad that it is overwhelming to think about. We have grown so much as a couple and now as a family. I feel like all my dreams have come true in such a short time. Happy marriage, finishing my masters, buying our first home, dog, beautiful baby girls. I say it a lot and mean it- life is good!

Some people consider 27 weeks the third trimester and I am one of them. Thanks for the exhaustion! I feel like I was hit by a ton of bricks and barely make it to 8pm every night! I ever slept in the car for three hours on the way home, very unusual for me. I definitely feel good but definitely more tired and uncomfortable as Stella stretches into my ribs. Today I had another cervical ultrasound and check-up at my doctor's office. Everything was wonderful! No cervical issues, I had my glucose test (yuck), measuring right on schedule, etc. Since it was all good I even get to wait until 30 weeks for my next appointment instead of going in two weeks! We are hoping that my urine comes back clean and that the new antibiotics worked. My progesterone is arriving in the mail tomorrow and we couldn't be happier about how this pregnancy is going.
From my belly: This week, Stella weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help. If born now, Stella would have a 90% chance of survival! Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements I may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment