Tuesday, May 3, 2011

1 Year Ago Today...

First time I saw her after she was admitted...
 1 year ago today Addi was admitted to Children's Hospital with Strep B. Our pediatrician let us know if we had waited even a little bit longer the infection would have gone to her spinal fluid and she would most likely not be with us today. I won't sugar coat it- it was the scariest 12 days of my life. Eric was my rock when I cried 8 hours a day on the bathroom floor in Addi's room. I was sad and angry every time an IV failed or they wanted to try a central like "just one more time". She was bruised from head to toe and cried because she was in so much pain. During that time, I resigned from my job and committed myself to being her full time Mom. It changed my life. It changed how we faced this pregnancy, with vigilance and care. Today is my 24 week ultrasound to see if all is still well and if we are "out of the woods" so to speak. Eric says you can't get devastating news twice on the same day so we are staying positive. How could I not when I am spending a day with my beautiful, fun, healthy baby girl?
A precious moment of "normalcy"
"Our" song, I sang to her in the hospital...

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called 'Yellow'

So then I took my time
Oh what a thing to've done
And it was all yellow

Your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know? You know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do
'Cause you were all yellow

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

Your skin, oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
D'you know? For you I bleed myself dry
For you I bleed myself dry
It's true
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for

Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine
Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do

No comments:

Post a Comment