Friday, May 20, 2011

Babymoon & 26 Weeks


I am almost a full week posting but for a very good reason- this week was our babymoon! 5 glorious days of doing nothing but sitting on the beach, reading a good book, sleeping, swimming and eating. Just us two. Plus Stella bump. It was amazing. After agonizing for months beforehand, I wore only 2 piece swim suits and proudly sported my bump. It is lovely how everyone is so sweet when you are pregnant. We loved going back to our favorite breakfast spot on the beach and spent every day at the beach or by the pool (the pool is on the beach so we didn't go far)! Despite some rain we made the best of it and even swam in the warm ocean during a sprinkle. Stella loved it and I were never more relaxed. I even slept 12 hours one night!  Vacationing while pregnant does have some hazards, however. There were quite a few steps to the beach so it took me a while to get where I wanted to go. Also, as a good Mommy should, I tried very hard to stay hydrated. A good thing. The bad news was that the closest bathroom to the beach and pool was closed for renovations making it important that I make many trips to the ocean.

I thought it would be more difficult leaving Addi but I got into the vacation experience and was able to celebrate my pregnancy and 5 year anniversary. Eric and I could focus on each other and Stella, really soaking it all in. It was never lost to us that I had made it to 26 weeks without danger or bed rest. Something else to celebrate! Happy, healthy baby and happy, healthy parents. Stella was dancing all over the place every time I laid out in the sun, kicking my book and grooving to the island music. She also loves island food. I even had less contractions than I have been having up to this point. 




Knowing Addi was in good hands helped us relax even more, of course, and I called to check in once a day. She was sleeping and eating well, not sad and missing us that is for sure. She loved visiting with family and going to work with Nana and Poppy. I got to talk to her and tell her I loved her and that was good enough for her. What works for baby, works for Mommy too. 4 nights was just enough to relax fully but be completely ready to get home to her at the end. Sometimes it was hard to see other little ones around but we talked about her often and even looked at her pictures. That helped. By the last day we couldn't wait to be on the last flight home. (Okay, I have to be honest and say the last day was the most sunny, beautiful day we were there and this did make us think about spending just a few more hours alone in paradise!) Eric and I survived the plane of death on our short jump from St. Thomas to Puerto Rico (9 seat plane including the pilot, scariest 33 minutes of my life) and Addi even woke up a bit to say hello when we got home. It was like we were never separated. Except for the fact that the next morning we realized she was no longer walking but running and talking even more than when we left! Oh how fast they grow and how precious time is. 






From my belly: The network of nerves in your Stella's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both my voice and my hubby's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment