25 weeks! Another great milestone. 1 1/2 weeks longer than last time. My doctor's appointment was great, another confirmation that my cervix is stable and long. I also had the FFN but it is my understanding that "no news is good news" and I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully it stays that way. All signs point to go for our vacation and with just a few days left, I can't wait! We are so blessed to have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy so far.
From my belly: Head to heels, Stella now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.
Tomorrow is also Mother's Day, my first with Addi outside of the hospital. I wish I could say I was just overjoyed about this. I can't be. A good friend's son was brought to the NICU immediately after birth yesterday morning with an infection. A similar situation to Addi's. We went to visit last night and every thing brought me back to those devastating 12 days, one year ago. My heart is heavy for them and their precious son. I get it. We are more than devoted to praying for them now. It is bitter sweet celebrating your first Mother's Day with a healthy child when people you care about can not. My Mother's Day hope and prayer is that we can be a source of encouragement for them. God is so good, babies can get better and thrive!

No comments:
Post a Comment