Full term! I keep saying this each week but I can't believe I am still pregnant! It feels amazing to know that I have made it to this goal and kept my little girl safe. It is a sense of accomplishment, I was the only person who could do this for her. I had to be strong for her. But ultimately, God has blessed our family. It reminds me of the story of Olympic runner, Derek Redmond. It is almost a perfect metaphor for this journey. I saw this video at church and wanted to share it...
I was like Derek, holding Addi and my body, what was hurt and broken. Trying to just inch towards the finish line. God was like his father, holding both of us. I cried when I saw this video, just as I did the night the same song came on my ipod at the hospital. I promised Addi I would try and fix her. God knew about my pain and Addi's risk, all of the "could have happeneds". He helped us reach the finishing line. Yes, it has been slow going to get there, long and painful. I am so thankful I wasn't alone.
From my belly: Our baby is about 21 inches from head to toe and weighs almost 7.5 pounds. Addi is now fully mature and ready to be born! However, she is still growing and developing every day. Fat is still being laid down at a rate of a half ounce a day. She is getting rounder every day, and skin is getting pinker and losing its wrinkly appearance. Her head is now positioned down in my pelvis. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long.
This week I have been particularly uncomfortable and got lots of advice from other women about things that helped them go into labor. Everything from sex to drinking cod liver oil. Each one swears that it worked for them and it could work for me. I know that most of them are just coincidence but just like every other pregnant woman, I do them anyway. Now that Addi is safe, I don't have to feel bad about the persistent "Please get out of my body" feeling I have. So far I have taken to eating spicy food, drinking raspberry tea and eating pineapple. I heard walking was particularly helpful so I clocked about 4 miles this weekend at two different malls. I got a pedicure. I do squats and dance.
It seems like something has worked! I just got home from the doctor and I am now 2 centimeters diliated, my cervix is very thin and the doctor could feel Addi's head! I knew she was low but I didn't realize it was that low! He let me know I was just waiting for some labor pains or my water to break and things should be moving along. Eric and I were shocked but are getting very very excited! I have to remind myself it could be for a few days or weeks from now. But part of me hangs onto the fact that it could be soon! Thank you all for the millionth time for the prayers. The prayers for me, for Addison and for Eric. We can't wait to share her with you! Ashley Clark, Weak Cervix, Strong God.
No comments:
Post a Comment