Well, I guess that it is possible to see the baby's head and not be in labor! I was up a few times throughout the night, got up in the morning for breakfast and started walking. They thought that the sleep medication I had had slowed things down but things just didn't get moving again. The doctor checked me and said nothing had changed. He even tried to say that I was at 3 centimeters and not 4! I say he has fat fingers. My contractions were irregular so he offered to send me home to wait it out. No matter how frustrating, I prefer home to the hospital. I decided to wrap up my time at work so its a smooth transition. I will have no excuses not to walk. Everyone asks "When?" I would like to know that too, it could be today or a while from now- same as always. Thankfully I did progress and that's a good sign, I'm more likely to go sooner than later.
One good thing about my time in the hospital today, I got to say thank you to many of the doctors and nurses who helped me and Addi the first time. My favorite, Dr. Tomlinson, asked how we were and told us how happy she was for us to have gotten to 37 weeks. Same for the nurse that would always give us the FFN tests. She predicted I would have Addi this afternoon, God bless positive people. I walked past the rooms I was in and Eric and I talked a lot about how blessed we are. I try to stay positive, even when I am most frustrated. It doesn't stop me from crying (I did the whole way home) or saying over and over "He said I was in labor!!!" I couldn't get pregnant, then I couldn't stay pregnant and now I can't get unpregnant! I need to be less hard on myself and realize the good and bad feelings are normal. I know I will have my little girl some day in the next 3 and a half weeks and I am very happy and thankful for that. For now, we are accepting any and all prayers.
She will come soon and very soon! I love reading these posts even though I know you are frustrated and want that babe to come!!. Hang in there Ash. Praying for you. :)
ReplyDelete