Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pregnancy Week 35- Update!

So, I am updating because I said I would but my appointment was completely uneventful. We said hello, chatted about how I've been feeling and listened to Addi's heartbeat. They gave me a Strep B test (to see if I have a bacteria that is not harmful to me but could be passed on at birth and make Addi sick), as they do for every 35 week-er. Then he checked my cervix and let me know it was closed, no change. I asked him about this and said "Well, being on bed rest I thought when I got off I would progress really fast" and he let me know that dilation or other changes aren't a good predictor of when you will go into labor because you can have a short or dilated cervix for weeks. Same doctor answer "You can go past your due date or you can go into labor when you leave!" I guess what they say about every woman being different is true. Do I think I will go sooner than later? Yes, but I don't want to guess either! I am having many more contractions than ever before and I even had them this morning which hasn't happened before. It could just be wishful thinking because I am so uncomfortable and ready to meet Addi and know she is okay. I guess we can only wait and see! I have been busy since being off bed rest and only 34 days until my due date. I did 74 days of bed rest so 34 off bed rest can't be too bad! Soon our precious little girl will be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment