Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Longest night ever...

Was it the pineapple? The tea? The sex? All that walking? Yesterday, I thought I had leaked some fluid so I called my doctor's office. They weren't concerned but wanted me to come in and be checked to see if my water broke. I met with the nurse practicioner and she tested me. The tests came back inconclusive so she wanted me to get an ultrasound and nonstress test- at the hospital of course. So Eric and I made the trip at rush hour. We didn't bring out bags because we didn't think we needed them! They gave me all the tests again which came back negative (my water had not broken), Addi was fine (very cute on the ultrasound making sucking faces- she's ready to eat) and I was now 4 centimeters dilated (versus 2 at the office that day) ! I saw the same doctor I saw in the office on Monday and he was the one who checked my cervix. It is always comforting when a doctor is "down there", looks, laughs, and then asks the nurse if she wants to see! What they were laughing was about the fact that they could see Addi's head and she has lots of black hair! He said "I think you are in labor! We usually can't see the head unless you are!" He also said "It is a little weird, huh? A baby's head in your vagina". Oh Dr. Rao. Eric and I were very excited as they sent us to walk while they got our room ready. We had a little dinner and called our families (and work)!

From there, it got boring. We walked around the hospital, to the nursery and the maternity ward. Nothing, They monitored Addi and gave me sleep meds around midnight and I finally fell asleep. Until 3:00am when I had to get up to use the bathroom. I tried to go back to sleep but I was just sort of in and out. I just saw my doctor who checked me again and no progress! All this discomfort and pain and no progress? Ugh. They want me to have some breakfast and get moving again. Hopefully that makes some change and this all gets moving. Or my water breaks. Since I am not 39 weeks they can't "help it along" with any drugs so its all up to Addi! They'll check me this afternoon and if nothing has changed, we are heading home, pregnant. My biggest fear. Don't get me all excited that my little girl is coming and then tell me this could be false labor! I guess I will just have to make sure I walk a lot, it's all I can do! I am trying not to get frustrated but this is every pregnant woman's nightmare. Prayers would be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment