Monday, April 12, 2010

Pregnancy Week 36


It's official! I am 9 months pregnant (see picture for proof)! This week is another milestone I never thought I would see, especially with all of the contractions and strange things going on with my body this week. I always used to get angry at women who complained about pregnancy, probably because they could get pregnant and I couldn't. I thought "What do these women have to complain about?!" These last few extremely uncomfortable weeks have made me more sympathetic. I waddle, there is pain and pressure and have a hard time getting up from sitting/laying down and rolling over in bed. Sometimes I drop things (this happens a lot) and I stand there and look at said item. I look at it and think "Do I really need to pick that up? Maybe if I look at it long enough it will get back to where it is supposed to be on its own! What are the chances that Eric will pick it up for me (now or when he gets home)?" I think this is a hallmark of the 9th month of pregnancy. Eric sees me do this a few times a day and usually says "I will get it.", "Just let it go." or "It's not worth it (when he's just as tired)!" Thank God for my husband. Don't get me wrong, I still love being pregnant and feel very blessed to have gotten to this point. I had a wonderful week at work, with my hubby and his family who came down from Vermont (and spoiled us with an impromptu shower)! I don't want to be one of those women who complain about pregnancy or people who complain at all but I think I am just realizing that pregnancy can be hard physical work.

From my belly: Addi now weighs about 7 pounds (Crenshaw melon, not quite sure what it is) and is about 20.7 inches from head to toe. Now she is putting on about an ounce a day! She is shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance protecting her skin from the amniotic fluid. Her brain has been developing rapidly and she is practicing blinking.

Today I had my last non-stress test and a doctor's appointment. All is still well but no news or not the big news we are all waiting for -as in "She is coming right now!" I had a few contractions on the monitor (nothing new), my strep test came back negative (very good) and I am now dilated about a centimeter. The dilation is a good thing, it has to happen for Addi to be born. Sadly, it is no indication that Addi will come any time soon. It's normal for this time of pregnancy, nothing special. The doctor always says "Could be today, could be when you are induced". I am always hoping for a little more progression and not at all used to having a "normal" pregnancy. Do all pregnant women feel this anxious and ready to go at this point?! I think its normal. I am full of contradictions lately- so happy to be almost full term (next week) but very very ready to have this little girl here. I have never been good at waiting and hate most surprises so I shouldn't be surprised that the end of my pregnancy irks me. It is so strange to always wonder "Will today be the day?" Anxiety producing but wonderful at the same time. I will just keep reminding myself that my due date is 28 days away and I will meet my beautiful daughter by May 17th (my doctor would induce 1 week after my due date if needed)! I know she is worth the wait and the moment I can't wait for is when Eric sees her for the first time. Of course I am excited to see her myself but I feel like I have a different relationship and bond. As the old saying says, I became a Mommy when I got pregnant but Eric will become a Daddy when he sees his little girl for the first time. It will be my proudest moment . For now, everyone can stop praying that I stay pregnant and start praying that Addi is here soon! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. yay! you look great and I can't wait to see her! :) ~Gina

    ReplyDelete