
Something wonderful to celebrate this week! I am now 1/3 of my way done my bed rest! I can't believe I have been on bed rest for 3 1/2 weeks so far and I have 7 weeks to go. Everyone asks me what the big week is when Addi is truly "out of the woods". That big week is week 34, we are counting down to March 29th! If born then, Addi could be pretty little but would likely have little lasting health concerns and have to spend little time in the NICU. If I can make it till then, I would most likely be taken off bed rest because if I went into labor they wouldn't try to stop it!
This is my goal and what I think about each day. I dream about what I would like to do my first day of freedom! With my luck the first day I get out of bed not on bed rest my water will break and Addi will be born! But that wouldn't be so bad either! If not, I plan to go for a walk outside with Baby Roo, dinner with my hubby and maybe even a pedicure. Its my dream day! Bed rest is putting a cramp in my romance lately, I haven't talked about it yet but since its almost Valentine's Day I am feeling a little sensitive about it. I am also on "pelvic rest", along with my bed rest. For modesty, I will not describe what this entails but lets just say before I left the hospital they made me sign a paper saying Eric and I would not engage in certain activities! Thank goodness I have a wonderful, understanding husband. Anything for our Addi...
From my belly: Addi's crown-to-rump length is about 9.6 inches and her total length is approximately 15.3 inches! She now weighs about 2 pounds 3 ounces (head of cauliflower) and is going to grow rapidly during this last trimester! Her hands are active and muscle coordination is such that she can get his thumb into his mouth. Thumb-sucking calms her and strengthens her cheek and jaw muscles. Addi can also cry now! The retina, the light sensitive portion of the eye, typically starts maturing. The layers that form in the retina will allow your baby's eyes to receive light and transmit the information it is receiving to the brain to form images. This basic process is referred to as "sight". Addi is a tiny, seeing human being!
Addi seems to be doing very well, she is so active and definitely getting stronger. She is always kicking my ribs and everywhere else she can get her little feet! I can tell that she is getting bigger as well and my belly keeps growing. I love that she has her own little personality, spunky! She still doesn't like anything on my belly and likes to kick anything on it such as Eric's hand, any tighter pants I try to fit into and the books I rest on there as I read. I feel like I am getting to know her and feel more bonded to her every day! I am so in love!
This week I just ask for prayers in regards to my bed rest. It's not getting any easier and I feel like I am more and more sore every day. I can feel my muscles getting weaker and sleep is getting to be difficult. Sometimes its the normal growing pains but the bed rest is taking its toll as well. This week I am going to talk to my doctor and ask if I can have a massage at home and take a warm bath every once and a while to help my tight muscles. Maybe he will have other things I can do or if everything is still stable I can get the okay to walk and stretch a little more. This week I am going for my appointments on Friday and if all is well it will be a month that my cervix has been stable! Maybe we'll even get another negative FFN (#5)! All we can do it pray but I am feeling hopeful. Thank you again for all your love and support this past week!
No comments:
Post a Comment