Friday, February 12, 2010

Pregnancy Week 27.5

More appointments, more tests! Eric and I were at the hospital and at my OB this morning. I had another ultrasound on my cervix which is 1.2. Yes, this is shorter than last week. I was a little concerned about it so I talked with my doctor when I got to my OB. He said that he didn't see much of a difference between a 1.2 and a 1.7 (last week) because its measured in millimeters and there is always a margin of error when doing an ultrasound. He also said that its not a big change and there were no other concerns seen on the scan. As far as he is concerned, my cervix is still stable!

At the OB I had another test to see if I could develop gestational diabetes. This is a routine test at 28 weeks and is extremely unlikely because I am young, healthy and not overweight. I haven't got the results yet, I don't think they call if you if they don't have concerns.I talked to my doctor some more and he also gave me the okay to take a bath and get a prenatal massage (at home is best if possible) to help my muscles deal with the bed rest. I am really looking forward to this! I also asked him about my prognosis since it has now been 4 weeks that my cervix has been stable. He said that this is very promising and even though they can't predict when I will give birth it definitely helps. He also said that since the FFN (2 week test) tests have always been negative that's another good sign I can rely on.

I got the call when I got home to say that my FFN was negative, yet again! This is great news since it will get me very close to 30 weeks. I thought we were going to stop hospital visits this week but they said they usually have people come until 30 weeks for cervical scans and then be checked at their OB. I will be going to the hospital next week for another FFN and cervical scan. Then at 30 weeks (Monday, March 1st), we will be going to the hospital for the last time for a cervical scan, another FFN and a growth check on Addi to see how she is growing! She is absolutely perfect now (49th percentile) and when we tried to take a peek at her little face she hid again! Oh well, maybe next time! We love her oodles anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment