Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pregnancy Week 26.5


More good news! We had our doctor's appointment at the hospital this morning and all is still well. They did a full ultrasound where they checked Addi's brain, heart, kidneys, and other vital organs as well as did measurements for her growth. No one had to tell me that she had grown but it was reassuring that she is now about 2 pounds and was looking very healthy! Usually a ham, she hid her face with her hands and wouldn't let us get a picture of her little face. She is definitely a feisty little girl! What goes around comes around, right Mom?

Next, they gave me my FFN test and checked my cervix with another ultrasound and not only is it stable but its the tiniest bit longer. In the hospital it was .15, last week it was .16 and this week it is .17! It is stable and even when they put pressure on it it didn't change (they do this to simulate gravity as if I were standing). All good! I spoke with the doctor (not my favorite, Dr. Tomlinson) and he said that my FFN would most likely be positive since my cervix is short. I let him know that I had already had 3 negatives and I was anticipating another one! He disagreed, not unkindly. This afternoon I found out I was right, it was negative!

I couldn't be happier and truly believe that things are this way because everyone has been praying for the three of us, Here is a picture of me before my appointment in my going out outfit! I haven't worn jeans in a long time and took the time to do my hair. It felt good! Well, time for a shot in my bum from Eric. He's such a good sport! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment