Monday, August 31, 2009

Over the moon...

Eric and I never thought we would be able to say this but... we're PREGNANT!! We took this picture soon after we found out and we both couldn't stop smiling. We still can't! At 1:44pm my nurse from Boston IVF called and gave us the results of our blood test, 123! This is a great number since they usually look for numbers between 50 and 100. That makes 123 extra special (I had to ask since I didn't know what that meant)!

Eric and I hugged and laughed together, praying and thanking God for this blessing. I always thought I would cry when I heard the news but all I can do is smile! I made Eric say "You're pregnant!" and "We're pregnant!" over and over to me and I had to say it outloud so it would feel real. It still doesn't but I love saying it!

We started to call all our family and friends who knew we were going through the IVF process and everyone was so excited! We still have 8 to 9 weeks before we can safely tell the general public- aka- everyone else, work and Facebook so it was nice to share it with the people who have been there from the beginning. We had been secretly taking home pregnancy tests this weekend which showed up weakly positive. Today I took a digital one and it said "Pregnant" right away so we tried not to we had our hopes up but couldn't wait for the confirmation.

This is now what is going on in my belly: This week marks the beginning of the embryonic period. From now until 10 weeks, all of your baby's organs will begin to develop and some will even begin to function. Right now, your baby is the size of a poppy seed, consisting of two layers from which all their organs and body parts will develop. It is now possible to identify the fold of skin that will become your baby's head. Your baby's heart has started beating. By the end of the month, your baby will resemble a tiny tadpole, barely the size of a grain of rice.

Absolutely amazing! It may sound strange but when I would pray about our baby these past two weeks I was so scared but at certain times I would feel at peace and that I could touch my belly. It has always been the thing I have looked forward to the most, actually growing a baby and being able to feel movements and to have Eric touch my belly. During this process, I didn't want to get my hopes up so I didn't allow myself to think about what was going on and what good things could happen in the future. As I touch my (bloated, not pregnant looking) belly now, something wonderful is going on in there and God's grace amazes me.

Thank you all again for your love and support during this most trying and stressful time of our lives. We love you and we can't wait to share the rest of this journey with you. I plan on continuing this blog through my pregnancy to keep track of all the wonderful milestones. I have my first ultrasound in two weeks and I can't wait! Feel free to check back and see what is going on! Love you,

Ash & Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment