Thursday, August 20, 2009

Week #6- Embryo Transfer


Eric and I just got home from the transfer (picture above, me in my robe and Eric in scrubs) and we are resting at home for the rest of the evening. The transfer itself was painless (a little uncomfortable if I'm being honest) and very very quick! Eric was able to be in the room with me which was amazing (in most cases you are in the same room as your husband when you try to conceive a child) and we got to watch on the ultrasound screen. We saw two little white circles (affectionately called "Thing 1" and "Thing 2") go in and after we were finished they gave us our picture of the two of them! See below (bad picture since I took a picture of a picture)!


Each embryo had 8 cells (absolutely perfect like I told you all they would be) and they were able to freeze our other perfect embryos (8 and 6 cells respectively) for future use! The doctor we has was wonderful and told us how excited he was and how much he loved being in the baby making business. The nurse held the other hand Eric wasn't holding and gave Eric and I a hug when we left. It couldn't have been a better experience and we were blessed to have a caring staff who continued to tell us "good luck" and that they were "rooting for us"!

Now we are just a mess of anxious, petrified hope. In my mind I know that there is now nothing I can do to increase my chances. However, my type A personality wants to know what I can do and my first instinct is to remain horizontal for the next few weeks. All I could think of was for both of us talk to the embryos and tell them to get cozy. We tell them we love them and we pray they will become our babies. That's just our prayer for the next couple of weeks.

This will be our last post until we get that news. If our results are negative, we will be updating our family only and afterward on here. I hope no one is offended by this informality in any way. We love and value you all but I don't think I'll be able to say it once let alone 20 times. If it is positive we will be calling everyone to tell them personally! We would definitely not share that information on the blog first! If I don't have your phone number or are not currently in the country please let me know how you would like to be contacted, just in case.

Our prayer requests for these next few weeks are for time to go fast, me to continue to feel better and recover from my meds, and obviously for our embryos to survive, grow and become a healthy pregnancy! Thank you all again for being with us in spirit and in prayer these past few weeks. These have been the most trying and stressful days of our lives but there have been so many times that we have shared your encouragement to one of us with each other. Thank you for the calls, text messages, e-mails and Facebook messages. They are a wonderful encouragement to us and we hold them close to our hearts. You are a very important part of our lives and this journey. Love,


Ashley & Eric

"As your mercy falls, I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away. I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands. You who you are, no matter where I am. And every tear I cried, you hold in your hand. You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I'll praise you in this storm. I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment