
Thank you all for the prayers! We really felt them and we have good news to share. We checked on our little ones today and everything is "perfect"! We still have 4 embryos:
#1- Has 4 perfect cells
#2- Same
#3- Same
#4- Has 5 cells, a little less perfect
Isn't it just like me to think my future children are already perfect? My little embryos that could! The first three are ideal and rated the highest because they have equal cell division. The 4th is rated the highest is well but is just slightly less than perfect because it has uneven cell division. Embryos with an even number of eggs have better survival rates. I got the call when I was in a meeting at work and had to wait an hour until I was out of the shelter and in my coworker's car to listen to it. Pure torture! Thankfully, my coworker knew what we have going on and was very supportive of my neurosis. I called Eric right away and we both had a big sigh of relief!
I called my nurse back and left a message and later in the afternoon she called me back. She reassured me that she did not believe there was any chance at all that our cycle would be cancelled and we are on the right track to having a good transfer tomorrow! She also let me know that the lack of embryos was not in my control and it wasn't a problem with my eggs. I was concerned that my eggs were not good and therefore did not fertilize. My nurse reassured me that it was the fact that they were not mature that caused them not to fertilize, not poor quality. That was a big relief because poor quality is a fertility issue that is not easliy addressed. Our 6 mature eggs were/are good and fertilized at normal rates. However, it is still hard to shark this set back, not question or blame myself and become worried about the future.
Tomorrow Eric and I will go to Boston IVF for the transfer! I am excited but so nervous at the same time. This seems like a very long time coming and I am thankful for the best reproductive medicine and treatment there is. Out of all of the treatments out there, IVF has the best success rates and our chances are over 50% and even up to 65%! Eric and I need all of your prayers for tomorrow that all goes well and when our babies are finally in my belly that they will attach and grow. Hopefully we will have good news to share with you all tomorrow. I have included a picture of Bermuda, that's where my mind will be when I am on that table tomorrow! Love, Ash & Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment