
Three updates in one week! It has been the busiest week so far for our baby making and for the third time in a row I have good news. Eric and I went for another blood test and ultrasound this morning and it just got the call that we are finished with our stimulation and ready for the egg retrieval on Monday! I think we are both in shock because it is only day 8 and we were expecting to be ready on day 10, having the retrieval on Wednesday.
The ultrasound tech counted 20 follicles over 10mm, 6 of them being over 15 (ranging from 15-20mm)! This is good information because the more eggs there are, the more embryos they can make and hopefully we can wait till day 5 for the transfer! The nurse who called me didn't give me information about my specifics or my blood levels but said my doctor was very pleased with everything and I am ready to go! I was finally right about something (being early) but I guess I shouldn't be too shocked because my ovaries feel like bowling balls. Our timeline for this week is...
Saturday (tonight): Take very last shot (HCG) to make me ovulate
Monday (morning): 36 hour later, Egg retrieval and fertilization
Thursday or Saturday: Embryo transfer
I really can't believe this time has come. Some days it feels like time is dragging and we aren't getting anywhere. Now, we have a plan and are actually making our babies. We walk a fine line of cautious optimism, hoping for the best and planning for the worst. The best being getting pregnant this cycle, the worst is needing to do another cycle. I'm a planner so it helps me to feel like I am in control of the situation and have a plan B. Although we feel in control and we have a plan, we just aren't ready to hear that it didn't work. We are excited but scared to death.
We ask for your continued prayers for God to bless us with a baby. We would also be thankful if you would pray for everything to go well with the retrieval (me to feel okay after), lots of eggs then lots of embryos and a successful transfer. I'm sure we'll be updating you all through each step! For this post, I put a picture of my three favorite products of IVF for good luck, my beautiful cousins (triplets) when they were in our wedding! Lots of love to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment