An early post? Weird. I think this is a first for me and since my day tomorrow will be full of fun graduation festivities, I am happy to know I won't be late! This weekend we get to celebrate my sister in law's high school graduation with the whole family. Since Addi goes to sleep so early, I had to miss her senior speech night to stay home with her and am also babysitting 3 dogs. All girls. Ladies' night! I am so sad to be missing her night, however, since I have to be here I am going to take advantage of relaxing.
Addi had a very rough day yesterday as well as a very difficult night so I am hoping for a good night sleep tonight. For all of us. Hands down, it had to be the worst night we've every had with her. Her teeth were hurting her so much she was inconsolable and barely slept. I hate the feeling of not being able to help her! She seemed better today but not yet herself. Eric and I were also out of it having spent so much time trying to figure out what to do last night. At one point last night we were laughing hysterically, a few other times I was close to tears and finally at the end when Addi was quiet but we couldn't speak to one another or we would wake her, I made the impression of a "2" in Eric's hand. As in- "2 babies are enough!" It must have been the stress of it all but I kept having contractions, even in the morning when I woke up which is very rare. I remember one point in the night feeling very crampy, nervous and nauseous. But that too past and I am feeling better today, if not a little frazzled.
I really can't complain about anything to do with this pregnancy. If I can be up with my family, enjoying the summer and Addi I can deal with the normal weight gain, aches, pains, discomfort and sleepiness. None of which have been horrible. Can I get an amen for no stretch marks? I am trying to keep up with my cocoa butter since it seemed to save me from them last time. The ugly dark line down my belly has yet to make its appearance as well. I have all of the normal insecurities about my body- "Am I too big?", "Will I be able to lose the weight?", "Does my hubby still love me when I look this way?". The last one is a no-brainer because I actually think that Eric prefers me this way and is always saying how much he loves my belly. I take him at his word! His opinion is the only one I care about . Did I ever mention that I have the best hubby in the world? He is constantly showering me with compliments and affection and loving on Stella too. What more could a girl ask for? Well, I guess I will wait for everyone to get home. So much for ladies' night! Everyone here is asleep and I just might join them for a nap!
From my belly: Our baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Stella's muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, I'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your her hardening skeleton each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment