Thursday, June 16, 2011

30 Weeks!

Woohoo! The countdown begins. I have an anecdote to share about just what kind of week I had...

Me: "Can this baby come out now?! There are a lot of things that are 3/4 of the way done and come out just fine. Like brownies."
Eric: "Brownies are even better when they are 3/4 done!"
Me: "Exactly!!!"

So I guess I have already started counting down. Haha, now, having almost had a preemie and seen many families go through this struggle I take it very seriously. However, it was about 92 degrees with 92 percent humidity and I was hot, tired and uncomfortable. Thankfully, it is back into comfortable temperatures (thank you, New England) and most of the time I feel just fine. Unlike last time, I am so excited about the birth process and can not wait to meet my little girl. Wow, I just did the math- 70 days until my due date and since I'll have the induction it will be even sooner than that!

I feel like I am coasting along in my pregnancy and the time is going by pretty quickly. 6.5 weeks into when I would have been on bed rest I am enjoying every second of just Addi and I (and Daddy too of course) while I can. We refer to my growing belly as my "Stelly belly" with Addi. It can be difficult to hold her for long periods of time or to get down to her level to play. I may be slow at this or on our walks but it is worth it. No issues, medication is doing what it is supposed to do, I don't have to go to the doctor twice a week, Stella is getting safer by the day and I think I have stopped worrying- at least most of the time. I am definitely more happy and excited than nervous or worried. Life is so full of the good stuff right now I just can't justify worrying. I have faith it will all work out.

From my belly: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.

(This post was written on time but I was waiting to upload a picture. It didn't happen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment