Another week complete, I can't really believe it. Time is flying by. Yesterday, I had another OB appointment. Everything went well- measurements, Stella's heartbeat, weight, cervical check (closed and REALLY long)etc. I am still taking an antibiotic every day and it seems to be working, no more Strep B for now. I also have the Prozac (once a day) and progesterone (once a week until 35 weeks). But the doc gave me the go ahead and I started weaning myself off of the Prozac because I have been feeling great. It could cause side effects if I took it late in pregnancy (close to delivery) and I can't take it while breastfeeding so I am happy to not have to worry about it anymore. So far, so good and soon it will be one less thing to worry about.
At the appointment, the doc gave me another FFN and we are waiting on those results.It was a bit of a fiasco trying to get the FFN to the hospital. Oy. My appointment was at 2:00pm and we were headed to a wedding at 3:00pm. We knew that the FFN had to be taken to the hospital but weren't thinking it was time sensitive. We were going to bring it after the wedding. Well, that didn't happen. First, my appointment started almost 40 minutes late and the FFN had to be taken within the hour after it was taken. Needless to say I showed up at the wedding with Addi 20 minutes late but Eric was the real victim of this situation. He was wonderful enough to offer to drop off the test but the paperwork wasn't in so he had to register (as me) and didn't get home until the reception was over- 2 hours later!
Poor thing. And I was exhausted after trying to entertain Addi through the wedding (she kept trying to make a run for the alter) and through the reception (1 piece of cake = 1.5 hours of running around the reception and major meltdown when we got home). I am not sure how many times I said "Do NOT touch the pretty dress!" She managed to find a ball, play with other kids, touch a few butts, try to steal the bridal bouquet, flirt with the groom (she said "Ut oh" when I told her he was now taken), attempt to take the heel off a bridesmaids shoe, wave to everyone, get lots of kisses and make numerous friends. All personality, that little girl is. Love it and love her.
Although tired, I am still feeling great, getting around and doing my same old routine. Even though I feel great I still get uncomfortable and the normal pregnancy aches and pains. My wonderful hubby acknowledged this and scheduled me a prenatal massage for today... ahhh. It is high on my list of ways to perfectly spend an hour and I can not wait! I am so lucky! I can't wait to celebrate him tomorrow, Father's Day. We have dinner reservations at one of our favorite restaurants and we'll just spend a quiet day going to church as a family and just hanging out. Sounds just about perfect!
From my belly: This week, our baby measures over 16 inches long. Stella weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's moving a lot, too, with lots of kicks and somersaults. All this moving is a sign that Stella Bella baby is active and healthy.
PS- I will post a bump pic soon when I am not in my yoga gear :) Mommy will always have you looking your best Stella!
No comments:
Post a Comment