1 year. 365 days of being a Mommy to Addi Grace. I have been thinking often about Addi's birth and the time leading up to it. (Addi's birth story: http://acemakeababy.blogspot.com/2010_04_01_archive.html). Hands down, it is my proudest moment. I gave birth to this beautiful, funny, smart, courageous baby girl! I am always reminded that it almost didn't happen- 3 times! Eric and I had a wonderful time with family and friends this Easter weekend. It was supposed to be cold and rainy but the weather turned to sun and over 70 degrees! This picture (above) sums up yesterday- we had a small birthday party with the friends we had over for Easter dinner and my parents (plus Eric's Mom and sister on Skype). Addi served as the entertainment and her favorite game was clapping and then getting everyone to clap along. So funny. She had her first cupcake with chocolate frosting (pics to come). She actually had two and they were her whole dinner! We are so blessed to have amazing people in our lives who love Addi so much. I enjoyed just watching her have fun.
We decided to have her actual birthday just as the three and a half of us. Eric wanted to have special Daddy/Daughter time this morning so he brought her to his favorite coffee shop for breakfast and then to work with him. He took the day off but had a few responsibilities to take care of before being home. I slept in a bit (yes, I am spoiled) and got up when they got home. We played for a bit and Addi went down for her nap, where she is now. The weather today is the very same it was a year ago- cold and cloudy, everything feels the same. I have a beautiful daughter and I feel blessed beyond what I could ever deserve. I get to have her in my life and be her Mommy forever. Since I have updated her milestones every month I will end with this on her special day. Addi is meeting and surpassing all of her milestones, growing by leaps and bounds! Addi indicates her wants with gestures (or words), imitates others actions, her vocabulary is growing with words and phrases beyond "Mama" and "Dada" ,she walks alone, enjoys watching herself in the mirror and eats very well independently with her fingers!
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Moments so dear
Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
How Do You Measure - Measure A Year?
In Daylights - In Sunsets
In Midnights - In Cups Of Coffee
In Inches - In Miles
In Laughter - In Strife
In - Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes
How Do You Measure A Year In The Life?
How About Love?
Happy Birthday Addi! Crazy how fast time flies. She already looks SO different from when we saw her! She's so adorable Ashley, give her a big hug from me and reuby! :)
ReplyDelete