Sunday, April 3, 2011

First Steps!

This afternoon, Addi took her first steps on her own! She has been cruising around the furniture and holding hands with us for quite a while now so we knew it would happen soon. Just for fun, Eric and I decided to sit a few feet apart and have her walk to each of us. She started by holding our hands and moved to taking a step or two on her own! We had to slow her down because she was so excited. Running even! The first time she did it she was SO proud of herself and she gave me the biggest hug! I couldn't be prouder of her. We kept up at our game for about 20 minutes- laughing, yelling "Yay!" and enjoying this momentous occasion. Eric was beaming and I was close to tears. I had no desire to pick up my camera, phone or video. I'll never forget it or regret living in that moment. How blessed we are to have a growing, happy, healthy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment