 |
| Cute little face |
Half way there! I just read over my 20 week entry from Addi and I said the same thing last time around :) We had just found out that she was a girl but wasn't revealing it until Christmas Eve- 3 days later. So exciting. We were feeling Addi move all the time, just like Stella. Eric and I laid in bed yesterday and Eric and Stella poked each other back and forth. They are so cute together and it makes me even more thankfully to be having another girl. Eric was meant to be a girls' Daddy! In reading my other 20 week post, I also realized that I have gained less weight this time, yay! Just a few pounds less but it feels good.
 |
| Stella's heart |
This week started off with bad news, having to be on antibiotics for the rest of the pregnancy, but ended with the good news that the progesterone will be able to be made in generic form. I called my pharmacy and it was such new news that they hadn't heard it yet! The woman I spoke to was very excited. Since it was still early, I am going to call next week and refill my prescription. They let me know they still had some left and as long and they see the ok from the FDA to make it then they will send it! This is so important because it helps me get further along in my pregnancy without paying $1,400 a week. As important as the 20 week milestone is, 24 weeks-viability- is even more important. So is 30 weeks when the likelihood of life and healthy survival jumps to 98%! I think I will always be anxious for these milestones for Stella. With good reason but I press forward with cautious optimism of having a happy, healthy and active pregnancy!
 |
| "I am a girl!" |
From my belly: Our baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against its torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of her head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.)Stella's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies- like Addi- pass meconium in the womb).
 |
| Tiny feet |
Stella Bella, I love you and can't wait to meet you in a few months. Love,
Mommy xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment