Saturday, March 12, 2011

17 Weeks!


17 weeks?! I kinda "popped this week" so I am looking and feeling a bit more pregnant than I did before. I can feel baby is moving almost every day now which is both fun and reassuring. I have been feeling better this week although still a bit tired. Spring is in the air and Addi and I (and Eric and Roo) have been able to get out and about since the snow is gone. It feels wonderful. Today is sunny and we can't wait to get out again. Addi is napping and I am icing my behind for the weekly shot. I think Eric wants to get it over with because he keeps asking me about it. I am now referring to it as the "money shot" because he is most likely injecting $1,500 worth of meds into my behind. We'll need to get more info when we go to the doctor next week.

Today, we are also headed to the hospital for my blood draw as part of my sequential screen. Ugh. One minute. Time for shot. Not bad, hubby is good at it by now. Anyway, I am happy to have the sequential screen out of the way and hopefully have good news about the health of our baby. For us, we decided to have genetic testing because my gene pool is pretty much a blank slate and we want to get info for Addi and our other kids. If there was something suspect showing up, we would also have time to plan if baby had special needs.

According to the Chinese Gender Chart- we are having a girl. They go by how old you are and what month you conceived. That probably means we'll have a boy. However, if you go by this it was correct in predicting Addi would be a girl. Only a week and a half until we find out! This has been the biggest thing on my mind- who is this baby?! I love the moment when they tell you and you can see on the ultrasound. I'll be shocked either way and I am trying to wait patiently. In the mean time, next weekend, I'll update my blog from the cape! Woo hoo! Baby Moon Part 1.

From my belly: Baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — the lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Our baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and is around 5 inches long from head to bottom (the size of an onion). Baby can move his or her joints, and the sweat glands are starting to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment