Monday, November 30, 2009

Pregnancy Week 17


What a busy week! I feel like I just updated last week but Thanksgiving came and went with lots of food, family and fun. It was the first time Eric and I had been back to PA since we were dating and we were so thankful! It also came with our dog, Baby Roo running away and Eric sick in bed with the flu! Both are home safe and healthy but I am now a bit under the weather and spent the day out of work and in bed. No fever or concerns about Baby Clark though, thankfully. Now the whole holiday season has began and I am enjoying every minute of it. I love everything about the holidays and having a wonderful pregnancy makes it even more of a blessing.

From my belly: Our baby, now about in its 15th week of development, measures about 4.4 to 4.8 inches from crown to rump and has doubled in weight in the last two weeks to about 3.5 ounces. This is about the size of an onion! Fat begins to form, helping baby's heat production and metabolism. The lungs are beginning to exhale amniotic fluid, and the circulatory and urinary systems are working. Hair on head, eyebrows and eyelashes is filling in.

Well, I better get back to the couch for more relaxation so I can go to work tomorrow and plan our house warming party this weekend. I am also looking forward to wearing my new maternity clothes! Who knew there were so many cute styles out there and I would actually look forward to wearing them? I guess its the love for my baby and showing my belly! The comfort doesn't hurt either! Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment: