Eric and I just got home from our 16 week appointment. We got to listen to the heartbeat again, which I can't get enough of, and chatted with the doctor. She said "You have one happy baby!" when she heard the heartbeat. It was the biggest reassurance. I love hearing his or her life and still can't believe its in my belly. We've had some basic testing done and everything has checked out so far. We have another blood test tomorrow but we won't get the test results unless there is an issue (no news is good news). The doctor also measured my belly and said I am measuring a week ahead about a week! Thankfully, my weight gain has been very good and healthy but minimal! It's all baby!
From my belly: At this time, our baby is approximately 4.3-4.6 inches long and weighs 2.8 ounces, about the size of an avocado. He or she is holding his/her head erect. Because their muscles are developing, he/she can make some faces now. Our baby is able to squint, frown and open its mouth. There is enough calcium in the bones that they will show up on an x-ray. Your baby's fingernails are well formed now and the legs are longer than the arms. Because your baby is moving well now, I may begin to feel his/her movements soon! Fetal movements are usually felt between the 16th and 20th week of pregnancy.
I still haven't felt anything yet or at least not anything that I think feels like our baby. I still try to be still and feel him or her but nothing yet. As you can see from above (a picture from a wedding we went to this weekend), the baby is definitely growing! I am still hiding it at work (from clients, not co-workers) but love to show it off every other time! I love when people recognize that I'm pregnant and its wonderful to rub my belly all the time. I can't say enough good things about my pregnancy! I am especially thankful this Thanksgiving for the reassurance that my baby is healthy and that Eric and I can spend it with my family. I have a feeling this is going to be our best holiday season so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment