I think week 18 snuck up on me! Ever since Thanksgiving came, life has been so busy with the holidays. Eric and I had family visiting this weekend and we gave ourselves our weekend together as a deadline to finish our house projects. Our house is now better than what we dreamed it would be and life has slowed down just a bit. We even got a little snow. Eric is finishing up his semester and I am enjoying the craziness of the holidays at work. My clients at work noticed at the end of last week and asked one of their 3 year old sons to say "When are you due?" It was too cute and we all had a good laugh. Its nice not having to hide anymore. I am still feeling good and waiting to feel Baby Clark move. I thought it was definitely him/her today but it was just a little gas bubble. Any day now! I am enjoying feeling and looking pregnant. Life is good.
From my belly: Our baby measures 5 to 5.6 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 5.25 ounces, about the size of a sweet potato! The rapid growth spurt is tapering off, but reflexes are kicking in. It can yawn, stretch and make facial expressions, even frown. Taste buds are beginning to develop and can distinguish sweet from bitter tastes. The baby will suck if its lips are stroked and it can swallow, and even get the hiccups. The retinas have become sensitive to light, so if a bright light is shined on your abdomen, baby will probably move to shield its eyes.
To my Baby Clark: A Love That Will Grow
Philippians 1: 3-8
Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart... There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. It's not at all fanciful for me to think this way about you. My prayers and hopes have deep roots in reality....all along you have experienced with me the most generous help from God. He knows how much I love you these days. Sometimes I think I feel as strongly about you as Christ does!
Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart... There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. It's not at all fanciful for me to think this way about you. My prayers and hopes have deep roots in reality....all along you have experienced with me the most generous help from God. He knows how much I love you these days. Sometimes I think I feel as strongly about you as Christ does!
Oh you look adorable and just radiant! :) ~Gina
ReplyDelete