Monday, November 2, 2009

Pregnancy Week 13


It's official, I gained weight. Two pounds to be exact. I noticed it at the beginning of the week but since it can change I thought I'd check at the end of the week. It was still there. Oh well, it had to happen sometime! I'm just glad I made it to my second trimester and its for a good cause! I am feeling much better these days, less sleepy and adjusting to my growing belly. This weekend Eric and I went away to our favorite bed and breakfast in Stowe, Vermont. I spent the day at the spa being pampered and we were able to (finally) relax and celebrate getting through the first trimester. Just what we needed! We are still getting lots of congratulations and its been so much fun sharing our happy news!

From my belly: My fully formed baby, now in about its 11th week of development, measures 2.6 to 3.1 inches from crown to rump and weighs between half an ounce and seven-tenths of an ounce -- about the size of a peach. The head is still disproportionately bigger than the body, but the rest of the body is starting to catch up. In fact, the baby is growing rapidly these days. The face is starting to look more human, with eyes moving closer together. Toes and fingers are clearly separate, and ankles and wrists have formed. External genitalia are becoming visible. Intestines are shifting into their proper place, too.(I would like to also say that our baby, even in utero, is much cuter than the 3D alien ultrasound above. Everyone saw the ultrasound picture!)
Our baby may have boy or girl parts now but we won't know for quite some time! We aren't saying exactly when since we have very excited families and we aren't good at keeping secrets. I still think a boy but everyone has their own idea! We can't wait to find out. For now, we are just happy our baby is healthy and growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment