Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pregnancy Week 15


This is the very first time I have been late posting! All of the moving this weekend wore me out and I was pretty sore for a few days. I'm now 15 1/2 weeks and feeling much better. Everyone knows that I am pregnant now but Eric and I had a fun experience over the weekend when the first stranger noticed. We were meeting my Dad for Chinese food at the same restaurant we went to on our first date (aw). The hostess asked us how many we had in our party and I said 3, meaning Eric, myself and my Dad. Since my Dad wasn't there yet she looked at my Eric and I and then my belly and said "Aw! Your belly! 3!" Eric and I had to laugh and I said "Yes, us three (and pointed to us) and one more". I guess I am actually showing now!
From my belly: My 13-week-old baby now measures about 4.1 to 4.5 inches from crown to rump and weighs about 1.75 ounces, about the size of a naval orange. The legs are finally longer than the arms and the body is becoming more proportional. Its body is covered by an ultra fine hair, called lanugo, which is usually shed by birth. Eyebrows and hair on the top of the head are beginning to grow. He or she may even be sucking their thumb by now which we could see on an ultrasound. Bones are getting harder. He or she can bend her arms at the elbows and wrists and can also make a fist. The baby squirms and wiggles all the time but I can't feel it just yet.
I am getting so excited to feel the baby move. I think its the thing I am looking forward to the most now besides finding out the gender. I am amazed how much he or she has grown, from a little poppy seed! Sometimes I lay in bed very still and try to feel movements. Nothing yet but I am excited that the time I should feel it falls right in the holiday season. What a blessing. I never thought I could love someone I haven't met this much and this little life is definitely what I am most thankful for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment