
We made it! I can't believe we've know about our little one for 8 weeks and everyone is now just finding out. It's been so much fun telling friends and family! We've been flooded with emails, calls and best wishes for our little miracle. It's a big relief to get out of the first trimester and not be as worried. Of course we will still worry (isn't that what parents do?) but it helps.
From my belly: My baby's crown-to-rump length is almost 2.5 inches and s/he now weighs between 8 and 14 grams! In just three weeks, the baby's size has more than doubled and begins to look a lot more human. Even though I won't be able to feel the baby moving at this time, I can stimulate him/her and s/he will squint, open his/her mouth and move his/her fingers or toes. The baby is now making hormones and we'll be able to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler! The brain is fully formed and he or she may even such their thumb.
I rubbed my belly all the time after I read this! We have two more appointments this week, one to meet our doctor and then another ultrasound! This time we will hear the baby's heartbeat and be able to get more pictures. We always look forward to seeing (and now hearing) our baby. I love those special dates! Thank you all for guarding our hearts and our little miracle... now its time to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment