
Yay! I am so excited we made it to this milestone (and I get to celebrate it at home because its a holiday)! Our baby is now 25% done baking and is now considered a "fetus" instead of an "embryo". It doesn't sound like a flattering difference or a big deal but it means that our baby is now fully formed and will just continue to grow from here! I looked over what I have written over the weeks and at the pictures of the embryos and can't help but be amazed at the growth and changes. No more tail! I'm so proud! I bought my first "maternity" piece of clothing, a little black dress from the Gap. I can't wait till I don't have to hide this anymore, 14 days! Same as before, no weight gain but definitely a tiny little bump.
Eric and I were a little scared we wouldn't get to this point because I found out I had an infection on Friday that got me drinking lots of cranberry juice. Thankfully I was tested early at my OB and started antibiotics, they reassured us our baby was not in danger and these types of things happen often in pregnant women. Of course, you're always nervous anyway. I called the nurses on call twice over the weekend to get reassurance about the symptoms I was feeling and they again reassured me that since we had already seen the heartbeat and had a wonderful pregnancy so far the risk of anything going wrong was slim. I'm starting to feel better and I am not feeling nervous anymore!
So I spent this 3 day weekend on the couch while my wonderful hubby got the house baby ready! My dog Baby Roo has been the best company and couch-mate. She sleeps even more than I do! Warning to self: do NOT watch reality show "A Baby Story" on The Learning Channel while pregnant. Although informative, it can make you either completely emotional or paralyzed with fear.
From my belly: Your developing baby is 1.25 to 1.68 inches. It is now easier to tell how much the baby weighs since he or she is beginning to put on some weight. Your baby weighs approximately 5 grams and is the size of a small plum! This week is somewhat of a landmark for your developing baby. By now, your baby's complete body plan is laid down. Your baby will continue to develop and grow for the remainder of the pregnancy. The fingers and toes have separated and the tail has disappeared now. Your baby has taste and tooth buds at this point, which will continue to develop. The brain will continue to grow at an amazing rate and nearly a quarter of a million new neurons are produced every minute! The embryonic heart is completely developed.
On the website where I got this information, they also have a video of a 10 week baby in utero! I recommend it, it's absolutely amazing since you get to see the baby bouncing around. You can see it at: http://http//www.i-am-pregnant.com/encyclopedia/U/Ultrasound!
No comments:
Post a Comment