
From my (growing) belly: My baby continues to grow and is now approximately the size of a large lime! The crown-to-rump length of your developing child is 1.75 to 2.4 inches. The weight is approximately 8 grams at this point. The growth of your baby is phenomenal now and your baby's length will double in the next three weeks. The head is grossly out of proportion and is almost half of the baby's length. The baby's fingernails appear this week! External genitalia are beginning to show distinguishing features and the development of male or female will be complete in three weeks. My baby's ears are gradually moving from the neck towards the sides of his head.
I hope he or she has Eric's ears, I tease him about them but I really think they are cute! Eric and I get more excited as the weeks go by, especially now that we've seen a healthy baby on the ultrasound and a growing bump. Next Monday we'll be sharing the news and also have our 12 week check-up and another ultrasound. Busy busy and it keeps getting more real. We're having a baby and couldn't be happier! Love you friends and family!
Oh so fun! I'm so excited for you to be able to share the great news with everyone!!! ~Gina
ReplyDelete